Every student is expected to have at least 80% attendance in every subject to be eligible to appear for the examination. FailIng to comply with this requirement, the student will not be permitted to take the examination.
Absence Reporting Policy:
If a student is absent from the college, we would expect:
- Parents should contact the Reception on the day of absence, before 8:30 am to explain the reason for absence Contact Tel No: +91 080 25574656
- The parent should send a signed leave letter with the student on the day he/she resumes college. A medical certificate copy should be attached if applicable.
Requested Holidays during Term Time:
It is recommended that students do not take holidays during term time as this can severely affect their progress, however, if this is unavoidable we ask that the following procedure be followed
- Letter is sent to the Principal to seek permission of absence with dates and reason mentioned clearly
- Upon review and approval by the authorities, permission will be granted or denied accordingly
- Students should consult subject staff to record work missed during the holiday period.
- Progress check will be conducted once the student has returned to ensure that the missed lessons have been covered with appropriate guidance from the teachers.
All students are expected to:
- Show consideration and respect for others and the college environment:
- Talk to all students, staff and college visitors with respect and behave at all times in a courteous manner
- Respect college property, building and grounds by not dropping litter, posting notices without permission or otherwise causing damage.
- Use the designated eating areas when consuming food and drink and avoid taking food or drink (other than bottled water) into lessons or other timetabled activities.
- Dress in a manner which is appropriate for a working environment, avoiding clothing which is extreme, offensive or distracting, or a potential risk to health or safety
- Ensure mobile phones or other electronic devices are switched off and stored in lockers provided during class hours.
- Carry your college ID card at all times and show this to college staff when requested.
- Seek permission if you wish to bring or invite any visitors onto college premises; report immediately the presence of any unauthorised visitor to a member of staff or to the college reception.
- Leave the college site by 4:30 pm, unless under the supervision of a member of staff.
- Avoid smoking, consuming alcohol or any illegal substances on or off the college premises during the college day or when engaged in college activities.
- Avoid causing an obstruction on the pavement outside the college by gathering in groups.
- Behave at all times in accordance with the college’s health and safety policy and, when appropriate, with the college’s fire evacuation procedures.
Accept responsibility for your own learning:
- Participate actively and to the best of your ability in lessons and in the general life of the college.
- Attend punctually all required activities.
- Be prepared for lessons by bringing relevant books, materials, equipment and stationery.
- Complete assignments to the best of your ability and by the stated deadlines.
- Avoid any behavior which would cause a distraction to others or disrupt the teaching and learning taking place.
- Prioritise college commitments over other activities during college hours; personal appointments should, as far as possible, be made outside these times.
- Accompany your parent(s)/guardian(s) to the consultation meetings with your teachers.
Promote a good reputation of the college:
- Behave at all times in ways which will reflect creditably upon the college; instances of inappropriate behavior off the college site which bring discredit upon the college may be treated as if they had taken place on college premises.
- Seek the Principal’s approval before broadcasting or publishing information about the college or members of the college community.
- Avoid language in verbal or written communications which could be considered to be disrespectful or offensive. Abide by all college policies and expectations, including those relating to:
• Equality and diversity
• Health and safety
• Acceptable use of IT
• Coursework and plagiarism